The Industrial Advisory Board (IAB) of EURO-FOS project was officially set-up on Monday 16 February 2010. The members of IAB are:
1) Shalva Ben-Ezra, Finisar, Nes-Ziona, Israel
2) Michael Eiselt, ADVA Optical Networking, Meiningen, Germany
3) Heinz Krimmel, Alcatel-Lucent, Stuttgart, Germany
4) Andre Richter VPI Photonics, Berlin, Germany
5) Harald Rohde, Nokia-Siemens, Munich, Germany
6) Risto Soila, Tellabs, Espo, Finland.
The IAB represents the industrial affiliates of EURO-FOS, and its particular composition represents interests and expertise from the network, system, sub-system, and component sides of European industry.
The IAB members have agreed with the consortium members on the following objectives of the IAB:
- To give directions on the future needs of optical components and systems to the EURO-FOS beneficiaries.
- To give input on industry relevant research topics.
- To review new project proposals with respect to their feasibility and industry relevance.
- To promote new promising start-up companies emerging from the EURO-FOS beneficiaries.
- To work for the development of a contract framework for smaller research or measurement/service contracts between eurofoslab and the industrial affiliates.